Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Born A Pit Bull Poem

This is a poem that I wrote dedicated to all Pit bulls.

Born a pit bull

I was born a pit bull
I did not ask to be
this is the life god has chosen for me
what have I done to deserve this fate
you put me in a cage and teach me to hate
I dream of a day when I get to be free
I would be so kind just wait and see
until then I keep my dreams close to my heart
I wake up everyday in hopes of a new start
I don't want to be bad
I wasn't born like this
but you took me from my mother and
threw me in the pits.
somehow I won but I received no prize
just made it to the next night and a dog of another size
I'm not sure if its worth the pain that I know
but sadly I love you so this time Ill go
I just wanted to make you happy
for I thought you were my friend
but with the days passing I wish it was the end
you said this is my last fight so I cant wait to go
I feel things will get better so maybe theres hope
I am a little older and wish I was faster but
I will try my best for you are my master
this fight is harder then I thought, and I just cant seem to win
the years of pain are starting to kick in
its not looking good for me as I lay on the ground
I cant get this one off me
and cant make a sound
don't let me die don't let this be the end
prove to me this one time that you are my friend
with my eyes I'm telling you what I need to say
and with my last breath
I look to you to see you turn and walk away
see I was born a pit bull
and did not ask to be
but I am in a better place in heaven where I can be free

by jennifer stelter 2008

2 comments:

Bulldog-Mike said...

From the past to the present.
From the young to the old.
Many things were going to unfold.


Dogs will always be willing to give their best.
For the big day of their test.
Good ones become a champion.
Great ones become a grand.
And when they retire they become a R.O.M.

Names that went unmentioned.
Names that were forgot.
Names like Joe Corvino never received the credit they should have got.


What happened to the Dogmen?
That had class and style?
For when we read these books, they leave that chapter out.
Now all we see are guys with California clout!

Most of them have gone away.
Leaving so few of us left.
What happened to the Dogmen?
For I knew they were the best.

Names like Saddler and Gaboon. Clouse and Komosinski?
Names like Teal and Cotton. Offer and Hernandez.
Names like Tudor and Mayfield, Heinzl and Ferris?
What about the 500 in one's backyard?
My friends, his name was the Great Leo Kinard!

Every direction on the map, all these Dogmen met:
To the WEST in the HEAT.
To the EAST in the RAIN.
To the SOUTH in the SWAMPS.
To the NORTH in the SNOW.
They came from all over just to see their dogs "GO!"

I was there, I seen them all.
I seen Smith's Duggan make the gamest crawl.
I seen Ferris' Apache, Mayfield's Sam and Jessie stop them all.
I seen Strider in Pickens look for a hole in the wall
I seen Ferris' Red Geraldine take the snap out of Carver's fighting machine!

I seen things you don't know.
I seen Hernandez's Nigger make Sir Reivus, Maurice and Leo quiver.
I seen Teal's Tip work the ear and end Scout's career!
I seen Walter cry when Hunt's Pete made Whitey say Good-bye!

I made Playboy, Reno and others cry.
But no big deal, men like Mayfield, Taylor and Fowler made mine die!
So what if it took them half the night.
I took mine there prepared to fight!!

"Lullabies and Lies"? MAYBE....
"Legends and Dreams"? COULD BE....
"A part of reality"? SHOULD BE....
But to me just plain ol' HISTORY!!!!

Unknown said...

"Death is Not a Penalty for No Reason"
Judge the deed
Not the breed.
So give a pitbull a try
Before sentencing them all to die.

~Janelle(I made this poem a few years ago)