Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ear Docking

To dock or not to dock? Ear docking on Pit bulls is very common and is strictly cosmetic. Although there is different levels of docking, people that fight their dogs usually have the dogs ears docked very short.
It is nothing more then a matter of preference but I prefer not to for the only reason that if they were naturally built that way then that's the way they should remain. Many people disagree with docking because it has not apparent health benefits to the animal. It's really just for the owner.
I happen to really like the way docked ears look but cant bring myself to put them through discomfort unnecessarily for my own benefit. I like floppy ears to because every dog I have had has floppy ears. All in all I choose not to do it. If there was some kind of health benefit for the animal then I might consider it.

Below the image on the top has docked ears, and the one below has natural.









No comments: