Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What can you tell from a picture?


I often browse through the pet ads and every week or so I look on Petfinder to watch whats out there. I cam across this picture of this little girl Pit name Lola. She was at a shelter in Kentucky which is about 8 hours from me.

I seen something very special in her just from looking at her pic. Did you know you can generally tell a if a dog is dominant or submissive from a picture or two? Well you usually can if you know what you are looking for. Looking at the ears is the best way to start. Are they back and low against the dogs head? Or are they perked up and forward? If the are low and back then they this will usually indicate a more submissive personality. If they are up and forward then usually a more confident or some what dominant personality.

I feel in love with this dog because there was a softness on her face and in her eyes. You can also look at the tail to tell about the dog as well. There can be many factors that make it hard to tell though. What if the dog was just scared, or just got picked up off the street? You might not get the best reading then. So this really just gives you an idea. Look at the picture of the dog I fell in love with below.


This face shows me a type of dog that I would prefer. Submissive and sweet and soft. I went as far as to fill out and app. for her and while I was doing this some one else went there and snagged her. I was going to travel a couple states away just because something told me she was very sweet and special. I was heartbroke when I found out she was adopted but also happy she gets to start a new life.

1 comment:

World of Animals, Inc said...

That picture just says to us that we would cuddle with you all the time. We love seeing the sweet photo that you shared. Thanks for the share. Have a fantastic rest of your week.
World of Animals